Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Whidbey Island: My Favorite Place in the World


I selected, Whidbey Island: My Favorite Place in the World, because it is my favorite piece of work. I am proud of it because it turned out to be a good 5 paragraph essay. This piece deserves to be in my portfolio because it is well organized. I edited it and changed around a few minor details. My greatest strength is my descriptive vocabulary and my greatest weakness is when I get off topic. When creating this piece I experienced distractions. My biggest obstacle was focusing on the assignment. Next time I plan to focus on the assignment and finish through, completing my work and sticking with it until I am done.

Adrian Botran
May 9, 2012
Mrs. Root


Whidbey Island: My Favorite Place in the World

            Splash! I was in the hammock when my uncle squirted me with a water gun.  It was summer vacation on Whidbey Island. Whidbey Island is just a ferry ride away from Seattle. I love Whidbey Island because when I am there I am with my family, play outdoors and have freedom.

            One reason I like Whidbey Island is that when I go there I can see my relatives. The house I stay in belongs to my grandmother. My aunts, uncles and cousins live nearby. Spending time with my relatives is special to me because I do not see them throughout the year.

            In addition, I love Whidbey Island because I get to explore outside. My grandma’s backyard is a beach. I like to walk along the beach and find stones, shells and various objects that float ashore. There are blackberries that I like to pick and eat. Sometimes I make a fort out of driftwood.

            Finally, I like to spend my summer on Whidbey Island because I have freedom. I can walk to the thrift store, library or park on my own. The stores are walking distance from my grandma’s house. Sometimes I like to ride my bike around the neighborhood. Compared to Miami, Whidbey Island is quiet and safe. 

            Who would not love a summer filled with eating blackberries, playing with family, finding unique stones on the beach and relaxing in a hammock? I have been going to Whidbey Island since I was very young. It is a special place to me and my favorite place in the world.


The beach has many nice stones.
 The hammocks is one of my favorite spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment